The Vintage Business is Going OUT
Alas, it's true.
Over the course of the next few weeks, I shall be putting the finishing touches on the Modern Vintage Nest vintage resale business. Aka, I'm shutting 'er down.
MVN continues to live on through both my interior & commercial design work, as well as Sidehall Prints. AND, I suspect that some version of the vintage business will come back to life in the future, but for now we're parting ways.
And, though it's bittersweet for me, it's a SWEET F'ING DEAL for you!
First, we'll start with a super duper tag sale...with heart. 💘
This will be a bit of an auction format but it starts with one general concept:
You name the price.
And here's the part with heart: 60% of all purchase $ - the price YOU name - will be donated to a charitable cause.
Now, I have some ideas about this, the first being Planned Parenthood, but I'm also going to be asking all buyers to vote for their favorite causes. The top votes will receive the moolah, simple as that.
I've worked VERY hard over the years to gather a vintage assortment with some funk and flair, and lots and lots of style.
I've done the hard work for you of ferreting out the gems from the ick, and I feel 100% solid that you'll find only top-quality, great condition, super fantabulous vintage in my stash. This is the very best stuff, baby!
So make great offers and let's spread the love to a charity that needs us!
A few other relevant details:
- All offers MUST be made on the listing photo in the Tag Sale Group. Otherwise I just can't keep track of everything!
- All offers MUST be paid when the sale period ends. I accept payment via PayPal and a few direct-pay options. You'll contact me within 12 hours of being tagged as the winner will pay within 24 hours. If you can't commit to this 24hr window, please don't offer unless you've made arrangements with me in advance. I'm flexy, but need to keep the chaos to a minimum.
- Shipping fees will need to be added to everything, of course. I'll do my best to estimate shipping but if something is large in size (like over 12") or heavy (like pottery) and you're concerned about shipping costs, please ask me for a quote before you lock & load on your offer. I'm happy to provide an exact cost so we don't end up screwing up the process later. (Oh, and I'm shipping from New Orleans, btw!)
- I'm happy to combine items for shipping, and will pass on the reduced shipping costs to you. Just let me know and I'll hold any paid items until you say "ship!" Then we'll calculate a final adjustment to your shipping costs.
- Items will be posted in waves of 20-30 items. I'll try to stick to a theme of sorts just for my own sanity, but you'll see them as they come up. I will TRY to announce what's coming up ahead of time, but make zero promises about that.
- Once the items are up, a 48 hour clock starts. I'll note for each wave of items when offers must be in but don't wait to "bid" on something if you love it. This ain't eBay and there won't be any reminders or watch lists.
- Offers and the resulting charitable contributions will not include shipping dollars or fees. Shipping is totally separate and a hard cost, so there's no getting around that.
- Shipping is also JUST the USPS fees; I'm taking care of the cost of all boxes, packing materials, etc.
- If you need expedited shipping for some reason, please message me directly via FB before you place your offer so I can see what I can do for you. I'll certainly try!
- I'm not a non-profit myself, so no your purchase won't be deductible on your taxes.
Don't be stingy! Remember, this is for charity as well as the exchange of fantabulous vintage love for money.
Let's do good!